Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, May 19, 2017

Play and Work

Had to photograph these Mule Deer on our property through a window
There were about 15 or 20 Mule Deer near our house early this morning, and I did my best to photograph some of them through a window.  Not long after spotting them we left for the Grand View Trail and a trek of about 1 1/2 hours long.  Then it was back home to do yard work on our property, which also consumed about 1 1/2 hours of our time and energy.  It's taken me forever to finally get this blog post up, but some of the photos I'm uploading seem worth the effort.
Amazing how they spot Dr. K, Becca and me through the window

Mule Deer are always alert

Early morning in the high country

Early morning sunshine in the Sacramento Mountains

Not sure which observatory this is

Mountain living in Haynes Canyon

Artsy sky shot

Artsy sky shot #2

In spots the sky seemed somewhat threatening this morning

Haynes Canyon altra volta

At home in the mountains

Three-leaf Sumac berries

White Sands National Monument from the Grand View Trail

New juniper growth (White Sands in the background)

Becca and Dr. K

Hedgehog in rock

Becca and Dr. K otra vez

B&W with sunspot

Same tree in living color

Prickly Pear in rock

Apache Plume

Apache Plume

Apache Plume and the Sacramento Mountains

Unopened Prickly Pear flower

The Beckster

I thought these were strawberries, but I'll bet they're Mountain Rose hips

Mountain Rose plant on which the above fruit is growing

Another Hedgehog in rock

Closeup of the Hedgehog in rock

Fully opened Prickly Pear blossom

Hairy Five Eyes (Chamaesaracha sordida)

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Lots of variety in your photos today, Packrat. I really like the black-and-white of the tree and the moon--very eerie. And it looks so different when juxtaposed with the color photo of the same scene.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...