Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, March 5, 2020

At Road's End

Left the CR-V at the end of Tellbrook
Despite having to drive down to El Paso today to teach Dr. K was good enough to accompany Willow, Frio and me on a semi-long morning hike leaving from the end of Tellbrook Road.  It was a good trek even though parts of the dirt road we hiked were still muddy and wet.

On the way back to Whitey the CR-V we encountered a woman trekking with her Yellow Lab.  When both Frio and Willow barked at them I explained to the woman that they were new acquires; she said her Lab puppy was "stupid," and all she wanted to do was play.  Perhaps in the future, if we meet up with them again, we'll see how the dogs interact.  I think Frio has a good disposition toward strange canines, but I'm unsure about Willow.

After lunch I let the Heelers into the backyard to roughhouse for a bit, after which they both lay down in the sun and relaxed.  I was having a cup of instant coffee, so it felt good to sit out there with them while they enjoyed the sunshine.  When we all came back inside I sat on the floor with Willow who allowed me to trim all of her rear toenails and a few on her front paws.  Some real progress on this issue.
View across the desert to the western flank of Tortugas Mountain

This and the next 3:  Heelers enjoying a morning hike




This and the next:  Twin Peaks


Ocotillo and the Organs

The long road in B&W

The long road

Where the trail loops around the east side of Tortugas Mountain

This and the next:  still a little snow on the Organ Mountains


We turned around at the pass

The way we just came

Eastern flank of Tortugas in B&W

No comments:

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...