Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Enter the Wind

1st 2:  morning sky
Dr. K went shopping this morning; I went hiking and bushwhacking with the "O"s.

We saw nobody else out there while we did our regular hike, plus additional mileage due to extended bushwhacking, which Frio and Willow loved.

The bad, bad wind hadn't yet picked up during our outing, but it was windy enough to warrant the Columbia vest I wore under my Marmot PreCip; I had wondered about being overdressed, but the gusts convinced me I was properly clothed.


Hedgehog Cactus (aka "The Dave Clark Five")

Tortugas and the Organs

This & next 2:  the "O"s



This & next:  three wise men


Frio and a barrel

Barrel cactus from above

Soaptree Yucca

"O"s

Hill west of the Organs

Hedgehog and Prickly Pear

This & next 2: same barrel cactus, hedgehog and baby barrel



Tortugas and Organs

"O"s heading down a hill

Sky to the northwest

This & next 2:  "O"s bushwhacking



Heading west

Picacho and environs

This & next 2:  can't get enough of the "O"s



Tortugas and the Organs

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photo of Frio and the Barrel cactus. I can't get enough of our O's either.

Cholla Surprise

Black-chinned Hummingbird We had a good, semi-long hike this morning, adding distance by doing a bit of bushwhacking over to the saddle sout...