Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, June 19, 2020

Air Quality Alert

Starting down LDR-A
Before we left this morning we noticed an air alert advisory on Weather.com warning that there would be smoke in our area today.  Later a weather guy on the radio said we'd have smoke from the fires in Arizona.  Truthfully, though, it wasn't as bad out there today as yesterday.

Dr. K, Frio, Willow and I did our normal hike, popping into the Second Arroyo for a shade and water break.  After I took a few photographs we headed back to the waiting CR-V.

The archer had been target practicing down near the major east/west arroyo, but had paused during our approach.  When we came abreast of him I thanked him for waiting patiently for us to pass.  "No problem," he said, "I need to take a break every once in a while."  Really nice guy.  That was it for our morning trek, which was short, but enjoyable.
Frio

Willow

Frio and Willow

This and the next 3:  Soaptree Yuccas




Delicate leaves

Two renditions of the same Soaptree Yucca


Grackles on a telephone pole line

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photo of the grackles on the telephone line. Good angle.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...