Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Coldest Yet

This and the next:  Organ Mts. from the upper flatland road
24F when we started off this morning, and the sun, at first, was partially blocked by wispy clouds.  Fortunately the sun shone through stronger after a while, and there was no wind to speak of.

We hiked up to First Arroyo and back, never removing any items of outerwear--including gloves and ear covers.  It remained quite cold throughout our trek today.  Even later, when I was driving Frio around in the Jeep, the temperature never climbed above freezing.  Our high today is supposed to be only 47F.


Morning moon

Morning sky with Ocotillos

Looking west

Organ Mountains

This and the next:  Soaptree Yucca and moon


Frio

Willow

Soaptree and moon

Down First Arroyo

This and the next 3:  up First Arroyo




Dr. K and the Heelers

Soaptrees along First Arroyo

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photo you captioned "Looking West." You can tell it's cold by how bundled up I am.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...