Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Shopping Day

Hiking in the shadow of Tortugas
I had to shorten the hike somewhat this morning so that I could do the weekly shopping at Target and Albertsons, and then, in the early afternoon Dr. K and I had to go to Best Buy to purchase a new television.  Our old Samsung gave up the ghost this morning when I turned on the morning news.  I think it died of depression after years of bearing witness to our progressive devolution.  I've got to cut this blog short now in order to go set up the new TV.
I have yet to ID these tiny yellow flowers

Small, leafless Ocotillo looks to be making a bud

Break

Desert Marigold

Chihuahuan Desert west of Tortugas Mountain

Old yucca flowers

Wooly Paperflowers

Velvety Nerisyrenia is also called . . .

. . . Bicolor Fanmustard

Adolescent Curve-billed Thrasher

Mesquite Tree all of four foot tall

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the close-up of the desert marigold and the different shades of yellow on the petals.

Decent Little Bushwhack

1st 4:  Claret Cups Even though the Swainson's Hawk wasn't perched atop the Torrey Yucca on the crest of 4210 hill we decided to bus...