Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Friendly Wind

In the upper foothills
Becca and I were beholden to the wind this morning as we trekked to the west of Tortugas Mountain; at least I was.  The humidity was pretty high, and the stiff breeze to light wind provided for natural evaporative cooling.  I still haven't found out definitively if dogs benefit from the wind the way humans do.  Humans perspire, and the wind helps evaporate the moisture.  Dogs only perspire through the bottom of their paws, but they pant to cool themselves.  Does the wind across their tongues provide any extra cooling?
Down but not out

The long view

There's a Pyrrhuloxia hiding in that Creosote Bush

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I hope that fallen ocotillo is able to survive. They seem to be able to survive almost anything.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...