Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Hiking Solo

East from Geothermal Road
Solo hike of about an hour this morning.  I knew--after recent rains--that the wide arroyo paralleling Geothermal Road would be damp enough to afford good traction for my hiking boots, and, indeed, it was and did.

I trekked through the arroyo from west to east until it intersected with the dirt road that leads north back to Geothermal, which I followed.  Then I walked west back down Geothermal until reaching the Jeep Commander I left at the parking area near the entrance to the university golf course.

Same as above, but using Dry Brush filter

Climbing Milkweed still blooming

Climbing Milkweed seed pods

Headed toward Tortugas Mountain in a wide arroyo

This and the next 3:  Hairy False Goldenaster




Climbing Milkweed on Soaptree Yucca

This and the next 2:  Torrey Yucca



Who's that couple near the right stalk of the Soaptree?

Oh--it's a couple of White-winged Doves

This and the next:  wide, slightly wet arroyo


Lone Prickly Pear pear

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

My favorite photo from today's post is the one of the White-winged doves.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...