Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, January 29, 2024

Monday Moonwalk

Soaptree Yuccas and the Organs
The morning was windier and colder than we had anticipated, but we all were dressed appropriately.  Frio and Willow never seem bothered by low temps.

We followed our usual route, opting not to add any additional mileage.  I took quite a few photos along the way, but not nearly as many as I normally do; that's because I'm shooting with the Sony Alpha 100, and I'm not thrilled about image quality.  I ditched the telephoto lens in favor of the smaller one to alleviate weight.  With the telephoto attached it feels like toting a bowling ball around during the trek.

We saw the Basset people and their hounds when we were ascending the right branch arroyo, and I had to temporarily restrain Willow and Frio to keep them from bounding after the Bassets.

Soaptrees, Tortugas and the Organs

Large Soaptree and the Organs

Soaptrees west of the Organs

Looking to the southwest

Distant view of Tortugas and the Organs

Mesquite and Soaptree

Ancient Soaptree

This & next:  Frio and Willow


Distant view of Tortugas and the Organs

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the image of the ancient Soaptree Yucca.

Another Wednesday Walkabout

A male Gambel's Quail in a mesquite We did our regular hike again today, adding distance by doing a short bushwhack out of the left bran...