Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, April 8, 2026

Good Bird Day

Branch of the Tellbrook Arroyo
Dr. K, Willow and I did our morning hike on a slightly cooler day, deviating from our normal route by bushwhacking over to the Tellbrook Arroyo so I could get a photo of the Desert Cardinal we heard singing there; got one decent pic.  Later, while heading up the right branch arroyo we saw our first hummer of the season.  I couldn't get any good photos, though, due to distance and bad backlighting.  Pleasant outing this morning.
Desert Cardinal

Morning moon

Willow in the left branch

Ocotillo, jet, moon

This & next:  Black-chinned Hummingbird


Flowering ocotillo

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photos of the Desert Cardinal and the blooming Ocotillo.

Routine Change

Wils on break Brutally humid this morning, adding to the discomfort created by the blazing sun.  We started down LDR-A arroyo on our regular...