Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Fourth Kind

Morning sky
Although it was 78F when Dr. K, Willow and I started our morning hike it felt cooler due to intermittent high clouds; also there was a light breeze at times.  We saw no other human nature enthusiasts out in our section of northern Chihuahuan Desert, but we did encounter several arid country denizens:  a mockingbird, a Gambel's Quail and a young Western Diamondback rattler, the latter of whom we walked past at a distance of one foot; fortunately the snake wasn't aggressive.  It did flick its tongue out at me while I took several different photos.  All told, a pretty good trek today.
Mockingbird

Desert Marigold bouquet

Who's hiding in the desert willow?

Hundreds of blooming creosote bushes

Desert Dog

This & next 4:  young Western Diamondback Rattlesnake





Happy ocotillo

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I'm glad that Rattlesnake wasn't aggressive. Nice photo of the Mockingbird.

After Another Big Rain

Morning sky After yesterday's afternoon storms, the second batch in as many days, this morning's atmosphere was saturated with humid...