Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday Kind of Hike

When there's no shade, use a friend
Besides Becca and I there were a few other hearty souls out in the desert this morning.  It felt pretty uncomfortable, though; high humidity, no wind, sun beating down.  Nevertheless, we got in a long hike.  And there was a lot of work to do at the Chihuahuan Observation Center when we returned.

Speeding up the mountain

Bowing to pressure

Spent Soaptree Yucca seed pods


Old Yucca seed pods

Last year's seed pods

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

I like the composition of the photos of the seed pods.

Caroline said...

I hope it's cooler in NM than in DC -- the heat index should be 115 degrees today! Luckily I'm going to SF!

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...