Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Elk et al.

Willow on our driveway during morning constitutional
Not as hot this morning when Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike.  Earlier, during Willow's constitutional, we encountered a cow elk and her two calves.  One headed into the forest from the road and the mama and baby stood staring at us for quite a while before following the first calf.  One notable thing about today's trek was the discovery of an Allthorn bush completely loaded with insects and butterflies; it was the most bloomed out individual we've ever seen.  After the outing Dr. K and I drove down to Lowe's Signature Market in Alamogordo to do some shopping.
Cow elk

This & next 4:  calf and cow elk





Townsend's Solitaire?

This & next 2:  Painted Lady on Allthorn

 


Willow and Dr. K

Headed back to the cabin

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Gorgeous images of the Painted Lady butterfly and the elk you and Willow saw this morning. Great post, Packrat.

Elk et al.

Willow on our driveway during morning constitutional Not as hot this morning when Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike.  Earlier, during...