Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Fun

Soaptree Yuccas and Tortugas Mountain
A Friday frolic in the Chihuahuan Desert proved much more enjoyable than yesterday's hike.  Even though it was colder (41 degrees F), it felt warmer because there was no wind. I almost overdressed, but decided to go with just the Speedo and boots.  (Kidding.)  We heard the Snow Geese honking before actually seeing them.

A look down the trail leading back toward the mountain


A desert grassland

Desert scout

Snow Geese heading for Bosque del Apache

2 comments:

Jeannette Ellwood said...

Your photos are impressive... loved my visit to New Mexico - the desert seemed so strange and wonderful to me (from england's green and pleasant land...I explored a little butonly enought to whet my appetite!

Dr. K said...

It's time for the migration of the snow geese.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...