Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Tortugas's western flank
The mountain was really jam-packed with people this morning, mostly Good Friday pilgrims heading for the shrine atop Tortugas Mountain.  Luckily, we had only one close encounter with anybody--a mountain biker named Monique, who stopped to talk to Becca and me.  At first Becca was perturbed by Monique's bike, but then quckly grew comfortable around it.  That was a sign of real progress with Becca because she's scared poopless by bikers.
You will do what I say

Firefighting helicopter

Old observatory atop Tortugas Mountain

Becca in the outback

Rolling desert and mountains


Ocotillo blossoms

Fire wands

Prom flowers

Good Friday pilgrims climbing Tortugas Mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I'm glad it was a nice day for the pilgrims.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...