Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Pleasant Extension

Soaptree Yucca in a very green desert
Dr. K, Willow and I decided to extend the hike this morning, crossing the Tellbrook Arroyo in a northerly direction and exploring many of the side arroyos we've explored in the past.  The temperature felt just right for such an outing:  mid- to high-50s and plenty of sunshine.  Dr. K and I both wore our Marmot PreCip jackets to stay warm.  Willow wore her regular coat.  By the time we were ascending the right branch arroyo we started to warm up a bit too much; but by then we were almost finished with the trek.
This & next 2:  White-crowned Sparrows



Artsy Loggherhead Shrike

Golden Crownbeard

Lengthwise Willow

Desert garden in side arroyo

Bushwhacking toward Tortugas and the Organs

Nipple Beehive Cactus

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful images of the Sparrows and the Shrike.

Greenery

Early light The weather was quite pleasant this morning for our daily trek; Dr. K, Willow and I enjoyed it immensely.  We saw no other natur...