Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Stroll Around Tortugas

Dirt on the tongue
We did a quick hike on the western side of Tortugas this morning, where we ran into Jimmy.  He and I talked for about fifteen minutes, until Becca made it clear she was antsy to get moving again.  Fortunately, we had no close encounters with rattlesnakes in the outback.  Even though there was a slight breeze out there, it still felt hot.  Hot and humid.  August is, perhaps, my least favorite month in the Chihuahuan Desert.  In mid-September the monsoon season seems to lose its hold on the region, and temps begin to cool down.
An ancient Yucca's days are numbered

A once majestic monument is crumbling

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Becca has no problem eating dirt.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...