Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday in the Desert

What's the holdup?
Becca and I did a nice long hike this morning, but it was cold due to a stiff wind.  Also, there were a lot of people out and about on the mountain environs--mostly people hiking with their dogs, but one guy on a dirt bike, whose motor was disturbing to Becca.  Even though the guy was a respectful rider--not revving his internal-combustion engine or speeding along the dirt roads--I found myself irritated with him.  More and more I have little tolerance for people who feel compelled to motor through the desert for pleasure.
An oft-photographed dirt road

Different planes of the desert

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

It's too bad when the quiet of the desert is interrupted by a man-made vehicle.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...