Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday Outing

Rough trail
We got a nice long hike in before the winds picked up today, and, man, are they gusting now!  We also ran into Jimmy and talked to him for about twenty minutes.  Well, I talked to him; Becca was chasing flies.  Becca HATES flies.  Jimmy had just returned from Ojo Caliente in northern New Mexico, where he did a lot of hiking.  I've never been there; it sounded very nice.  I also want to go to Chaco Canyon, another place I haven't been.

Noble dog

Over hill and dale on a dusty trail

Blue sky and desert (and dog)

Tortugas Mountain and the Organ Mountains

Never like to see spent shell casings

Faint single-track trail

Very bad air in the Mesilla Valley

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Can I go to Chaco Canyon with you and Becca?

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...