Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, August 19, 2022

Before the Rains

This & next 5:  sky at start of hike
Dr. K, Willow, Frio and I were able to do a nice, normal hike without getting wet.  The storms are slated to begin this afternoon.

Weather was extremely conducive to hiking:  overcast skies, moderate humidity and a nice, strong breeze.

We didn't see many critters during our outing today, but one got our undivided attention, a small Western Diamondback who was right on the path we were trekking along.  After I took a photo of it I stamped my foot on the ground and it obligingly slithered away.  Just a short time later we came across a Gopher Snake, but it made tracks before I could pull my camera out of its case.






This & next 2:  Desert Unicorn-plant



Yucca sky

Dayflowers

Dayflowers X

This & next:  Black-throated Hummingbird


Threatening sky

This & next:  Stinging Serpent (Cevallia sinuata)


Long view of Tortugas Mountain

Faxon Yucca and Tortugas Mountain

This & next 2:  triple Barrel Cactus



Willow, Frio, Dr. K

This & next:  Western Diamondback Rattlesnake


This & next:  Barrel Cactus


 
This & next:  sky at end of hike


Cut-leaf Globeberry flower

This & next 3:  Barrel Cacti




Last 2:  green hills


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the second photo of the Desert Unicorn-plant. And I'm glad we didn't get too close to that rattlesnake.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...