Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Bunny Hop


Hi, my name is Harry, the Black-tailed Jackrabbit. I live here on the grounds at COC, and I can be seen often eating the flowers of the desert willow, various grasses and--when my stomach is upset--gnawing on the leaves of the creosote bush. In the middle of a hot, sunny day, I'm usually lying in the shade of a mesquite tree with my ears pinned back.
But sometimes in the early morning, when I hear the sonorous sounds of Los Lonely Boys wafting out of the Big House, I just gotta get up and muevo mi colita.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great photos of the jack rabbits. Maxine had that same back hunch and bony legs the last year of her life.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...