Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, May 30, 2008

Knowledge of Good/Evil?


I first saw this little garter snake while half its body was below ground, presumably hunting for food: worms or lizards. I waited a long time for it to come out, tapping my foot to create vibrations to encourage its emergence, but I only succeeded in driving it further into the hole.
After waiting patiently for five or ten minutes, I finally got a good look at the snake as it backed fluidly out of the earth. It posed for a few pictures, then plunged back into the nether world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW...is that on the grounds of CAC.
Did associate Becca get close to it??

Dr. K said...

Yes, that is on the grounds of the COC. I don't think Becca was around. She was probably engaged in some of her fieldwork, such as hunting down sunflower seeds that the Director sometimes drops on the floor when he's at his computer.

Decent Little Bushwhack

1st 4:  Claret Cups Even though the Swainson's Hawk wasn't perched atop the Torrey Yucca on the crest of 4210 hill we decided to bus...