Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Long Hot Hike


Research Associate Becca and I did a long desert hike this morning in the vicinity of Tortugas Mountain. That's her (the mountain) in the photo at left. Becca was out of her mind today, chasing jackrabbits as if she'd never seen one before. There was no talking to her about pacing herself, and by the end of the hike she was nearly overheated.
At the midpoint of the hike we came across this partial carcass pinned to a fence. Whatever it was (I think a deer), it didn't make it over the obstacle and came to a painful end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The carcass is so sad. I guess that is life in the dessert. It was 98 degrees yesterday in our backyard. Probably not as hot as COC.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...