Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Showtime

An overcast desert sky
Dr. K, Becca and I were on the trail around Tortugas Mountain early this morning, but quite a few other hikers, bikers and joggers were out there, too.  We had only one close encounter with a biker, though, and Becca was on her best behavior.  The desert sky was overcast, and high humidity remained from yesterday's brief rainstorm--a squall, really (I like that word "squall").  Unfortunately, some "hunter" was on the south mesa taking pot shots at anything that moved.  I don't know that for certain, but that's how I feel about all "hunters."

The best hiking companion

Miracle near the Organ Mountains

How Tortoise Mountain got its name

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

The sky was especially pretty this morning.

After Another Big Rain

Morning sky After yesterday's afternoon storms, the second batch in as many days, this morning's atmosphere was saturated with humid...