Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, September 17, 2011

We Love the Osha Trail

Just starting out
On a Saturday, just outside of Cloudcroft, New Mexico, we did a hike on the ever-popular Osha Trail and did not run into a single person until we were back at the trail head.  It was a beautiful morning, party-cloudy with a slight breeze.  I love the epiphanies you experience while hiking a trail in the high country, that momentary feeling of well-being, the sense that you are one with the universe.
The village of Cloudcroft, New Mexico


Luvin me some nectar

View from the mountain

Indian Paintbrush

Pine Tree litter on the forest floor

The fungus among us

Small stand of Aspens

The colors of Fall in the high country

Dent-de-lion

Becca and her High Rolls buddy, Champ

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Packrat, I know just what you mean.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...