Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Long Sierra Vista Trail Hike

The Organ Mountains from the Sierra Vista Trail
The weather was beautiful for a long hike on the Sierra Vista Trail in the high foothills of the Organ Mountains.  Dr. K, Becca and I enjoyed ourselves while marvelling at the blossoming plants all along the trail.  After much research at home later, I could not identify the plant species in the last two images here, though the leaves look familiar to me.  Anybody out there have an idea of what it is?
Apache Plume flower

Dr. K

Packrat and Becca

Blackfoot Daisy


Small Mesquite Tree and Prick Pear Cactus

Prickly Pear Cactus blossom

The ? plant

Flowers of the ? plant

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I don't recall ever seeing that plant in the desert--how strange!

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...