Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, April 3, 2017

Becca's Buddy

Heading into the low country from the high
This morning when Becca and I were nearly three-fourths of the way though our hike we encountered our pal Jimmy waiting for us on the road to the mountaintop.  Becca was so eager to run and greet him I had to make her sit until I put the lead on her.  Then she practically pulled my left arm out of the socket rushing to meet up with her good buddy.  It always tickles me to no end to see how excited Becca is with Jimmy.  I remember years ago when we first met him up on the high foothills trail she growled at him and was very standoffish.  Jimmy's a good man, though, and he knew just how to become Becca's friend.
Some Ocotillos are greener than others

Most Ocotillo flowers are equally red, though

Looking down on an arroyo from on high

Wary eye from a flycatcher

Dreams of becoming a doughnut

White Evening Primrose

Tres amigos and former friends (White Evening Primrose)

Not quite in the shade

Becca and her shadow

Side view of what I think is a Painted Lady

Painted Lady

Ocotillos and the Organs

Yucca and Bishop Cap on the horizon

Don't know why

End with a series of Claret Cups




1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I can never get enough of the claret cup cactus. I never heard of the painted lady butterfly-it's very pretty.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...