Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Will the Mood Strike?

Just before heading down the single-track
Every once in a great a while I'll get out into the desert with Becca and not feel like taking any photographs.  This mood may last for a good while until, like today, I get buzzed by a Tarantula Hawk, hear the sweet song of a Scott's Oriole (which are abundant this spring), behold a few beautiful flowers or see my crazy canine perform some of her more comical behaviors--especially her attempts at catching flies that are driving her nuts.  My mood mustn't have been too negative; I ended up taking 54 pics.
Tarantula Hawk

Scott's Orioles are everywhere this spring

Keeping an eye peeled even when relaxing

Down the arroyo

Mesquite Tree flower

Waiting patiently

More Mesquite Tree flowers

Further along the arroyo

Prickly Pear blossom not quite open

Same blossom

Tip of a Soaptree Yucca flower stalk

I'm just guessing here:  "Spring White"?

Yuccas west of Tortugas Mountain

Tortugas Mountain

Yucca producing fruit already

Same yucca fruit

The Parry's Agave I've been monitoring is starting to bloom

Plumed Crinklemat (Tiquilia greggii)

Desert Spiny Lizard

Desert Spiny Lizard

Desert Spiny Lizard

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That desert spiny lizard has beautiful markings, even if reptiles do tend to creep me out.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...