Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, August 18, 2023

Friday's Folly

1st 2:  Fishhook Barrel Cactus flower
I wasn't sure I wanted to do a hike this morning because I felt I was having a reaction to the shingles shot we got yesterday.  However, I decided to go with Dr. K, Willow and Frio.  We did our usual hike, and it didn't take too much out of me.

When we got back I drove over to Batteries Plus to buy some lithium batteries for our living room motion detector, which I replaced as soon as I got home.

Before lunch a wave of fatigue gripped me and I had to sit in the living room chair watching the BMW golf tournament for an hour before I mustered enough energy to eat.  The first shingles shot made my arm sore, and that was it.


I think it's a Common Whiptail

Last 2:  Willow and Frio


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photos of the Fishhook Barrel cactus flowers. I love the color of those blossoms.

Another Wednesday Walkabout

A male Gambel's Quail in a mesquite We did our regular hike again today, adding distance by doing a short bushwhack out of the left bran...