Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Before Rain and Snow

Ocotillos
Dr. K had an AAUW meeting this morning so it was Willow, Frio and me on the hike today.  It wasn't a pleasant one due to the absence of sun and a persistent cold breeze.

Nevertheless, we did our usual route without once considering adding extra distance; at least I didn't consider it.  I'm sure Frio and Willow would have done more hiking without hesitation.

Frio seems a bit better on his journey to overcome Valley Fever.  I'll tell you it's a real chore for Dr. K and I to keep on schedule for giving him his pills.  In fact, I just remembered I'm an hour late in giving him the second of three Baytrils today.

Soaptrees and the Organ Mountains

Tortugas and the Organs

Dirt road

This & next:  bird in middle yucca


This & next:  "O"s looking this way and that


Picacho and environs

One of many long views

This & next:  San Augustin Peak at right


Clouds on Organ Mountains peaks

Trek's end

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

My favorite images here are the two with the San Augustin Peak.

Another Wednesday Walkabout

A male Gambel's Quail in a mesquite We did our regular hike again today, adding distance by doing a short bushwhack out of the left bran...