Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Snake Encounters of the 3rd Kind

Starting out on the Sierra Vista Trail
I had a strong feeling that we were going to run into a rattlesnake this morning along the Sierra Vista Trail so I kept Becca on lead and healing right beside me.  Regardless of that feeling I was still daydreaming when I almost stepped on the damned thing, which was draped across the trail right in front of me as we rounded a bend on a particularly narrow section of footpath.  The snake gave us fair warning, though, causing both Becca and me to jump out of our skin.  I was able to warn a jogger coming up behind us of the snake's presence.
Looking back the way we came

Apache Plume flower and friend

Looking south at Bishop's Cap

Becca on lead

Western Diamondback Rattler in warning mode

Rainbow Hedgehog Cactus

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I'm glad the snake didn't get you, Packrat.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...