Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Many on the Mountain

Four hikers struggling up the west face of Tortugas Mountain
I'm not sure why, but the mountain was very crowded with people this morning.  I've got no problem with that, but I wish people were more cognizant about how much their voices carry in the desert's arid air.  Also, they don't realize that the mountain itself amplifies decibel levels.  When JC, Shaque, Becca and I were hiking back to our waiting cars we couldn't believe how many vehicles were parked in the Sunset lot.  We were out there early enough to avoid the wind, but it's supposed to pick up again this afternoon; only gusting to 35 mph, though.
Heading into the outback

Ominous skies

Shaque and Becca

Shaque had a bath yesterday

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

Saturday in the desert--very pleasant.

Scott said...

Kali and I went to a state park with paved bicycle paths to walk on Saturday. It, too, was packed with summer-level numbers of people. However, I DO know why our park was packed--everyone here has cabin fever and has been trapped in our houses by snow and freezing weather!

packrat said...

Well, that's a legitimate excuse then, Scott. If I were in charge I'd even give them permission to be outside.

:)

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...