Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Morning/Afternoon

Morning sun  trying to break through the overcast
The Beckster and I did an early-morning hike on the west side of the Tortoise.  Then, after we returned home, I had some business to take care of, as well as some shopping to do at Target and Albertson's.  In the early afternoon I took Becca out to the north face of Tortugas Mountain where we did a short, half-hour hike. Becca is perfectly willing to go on as many hikes as I want per day.


Mustard family


Afternoon on the north face of the mountain

Looking east from the north side

Heading up a steep slope

Prickly Pear Cactus growing right out of a boulder

Heading back toward the Organ Mountains

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

It's amazing that cacti can grow right out of rocks.

Scott said...

Gee... Mustard-family flowers blooming in February. Our spring bulbs are still buried under a foot of snow in most places, and there's a wintery mix storm forecast for late this weekend. Our winter just will never end here in the northern Piedmont.

packrat said...

As I mentioned before, Scott, I feel for you Easterners; Midwesterners, too. I heard this morning that Chicago's high was 9 F. Yikes!

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...