Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Red Sky at Morning

One reason it's called The Land of Enchantment
Red sky at morning
sailors take warning.
Red sky at night
sailors delight.

Learned that meteorological poem when I was a kid; thought about it a lot when I served in the navy.  Thought about it again this morning (for obvious reasons).  The local weatherpersons all suggest we're in for quite a drenching over the next three days.  We'll see how accurate they are.




Franklin Mountains near El Paso, Texas





6 comments:

Dr. K said...

This morning's sky was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

packrat said...

Agreed, Dr. K.

Scott said...

Really spectacular sunrise, Packrat. Doesn't get much better than this.

packrat said...

Thanks, Scott. Hey, where have you been, guy? You haven't posted on your blog in a long while, and I've been concerned about you. What gives?

Scott said...

Thanks for asking about me, Packrat. I haven't been out walking much, and when I have been outside I haven't seen much worth photographing or posting about.

During December, I was really busy finishing up teaching at the University of Pennsylvania plus dealing with the holidays, and now I'm teaching two 3-hour classes back to back on Friday mornings at Temple University (in addition to my "day job") so I'm pretty busy with that.

Truth to tell, though, I think I'm just in a general funk. It could be Seasonal Affective Disorder, or I could just be worn down and burned out between all the teaching and working, or I could just be generally depressed--or some or all of the above.

packrat said...

Sorry to hear that, Scott. I hope you'll feel better soon. I do miss your interesting and informative blog posts.

All best.

The Wilster and Me

Organ Mountains from Baylor Canyon Road We had to wait for a plumber from Sun City Plumbing to change out the hose bib next to the garage; f...