Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Day Trek

Behind Centennial High School the Doña Ana Mountains
I'm not sure if we dodged a bullet, but the weather was decidedly nicer this morning:  not as cold and partially sunny.  It's amazing what a little sun can do for the ambient temperature.  Two-thirds of the way through our hike I had to take off my light vest because I was warming too much.  We met up with JC and walked with him back to the trailhead, palavering about various topics along the way while Becca took advantage of my distraction by exploring areas I'd prefer she didn't.
Good day sunshine

Heading out of the foothills

Clouds over the southern Organ Mountains

Agua for the desert

Tortugas and the Organs

Heading back to the Tortoise

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

Happy new year, Packrat and Becca (and J.C.).

packrat said...

Happy New Year, Dr. K.

:)

Friday Free-For-All

Soaptree Yucca at the side of LDR-A We got an early start this morning, but not as early as the Basset people and their hounds who we spotte...