Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Warmup Before Cooldown

One of two Cactus Wrens communicating across a short expanse of desert
It rained a little overnight, and the high humidity and higher temperature made it slightly warm for our hike.  Less than midway through I had to take off my anorak and stow it in the daypack.  Ran into JC and Jimmy, and they were both slightly overdressed as well.  This is a problem that never concerns Becca.


City of the Crosses



Former two-domed observatory




2 comments:

Dr. K said...

I like the coloring on that cactus wren.

packrat said...

One of my favorite birds, Dr. K. Besides you, that is.

:)

Early Early Hike

Old Soaptree Yucca seed pod Because I had a 10 a.m. doctor's appointment today Dr. K, Willow and I got a very early start on our trek:  ...