Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, February 22, 2019

Another GPS Trek

3 different perspectives on our GPS hike this morning
I took the Garmin eTrex along again this morning to see if I can figure out why I'm getting a long track back to our house when I upload the data to Google Earth Pro.  What I tried today didn't work again.  Can't seem to make out what I'm doing wrong because it never used to do this in the past.  Oh well--I'll probably tire of using the Garmin before I fix the problem.

Becca and I did a nice shorter hike this morning, making sure we bushwhacked a lot so we could see how well the GPS showed our course; it's pretty darned accurate.  The weather was a bit chillier than I thought it would be, and I failed to bring gloves along to warm my hands.  It wasn't unbearable, though.  Right now (nearly 3:00 p.m.) the wind is blowing like crazy, and the air is filled with blowing dust and sand.  Glad we're not out in these conditions.
#2

#3

Taken at point 004 on the 1st GPS image, up the arroyo from left to right

Wondrous clouds

On the ridge west of Tortugas

Leader of the pack

Looking east from point 008

The first Velvety Nerisyrenia (mustard family) I've seen

Big old Ocotillo

A huge Claret Cup Hedgehog Cactus that's budding out

Look at all the buds

What do friendly buds call each other?

Becca heading up the mountain

A look back

It will be a while until these Ocotillos get leaves

Looking east at Tortugas from point 029

Nearly back at the trailhead

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice to see those buds on the hedgehog cactus. Spring is coming!

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...