Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Shopping Day Trek

In an arroyo
Becca and I got an earlier than usual start this morning primarily because I woke up early and wasn't able to go back to sleep.  The morning temperature was 36F when we headed out, but warmed quickly.  We're supposed to reach a high of 74F today.  We kept our trek short so I could get home and leave early for my weekly shopping jaunts to Target and Albertsons.  There were other nature enthusiasts on and about the mountain when we were there, but we only had a near encounter with one mountain biker high on the upper foothills trail.  It was warm enough by the time we got home for me to wear a short-sleeve shirt and shorts out to do my grocery shopping.  I was a bit worried other shoppers would think I'd jumped the gun with my choice of clothing, but there were a few other people wearing t-shirts and shorts so I didn't feel out of place.
Becca the bushwhacker

This and the next 2:  Becca in action



West side of Tortugas

Mormon Tea budding out

Rainbow Hedgehog Cactus

Bicolor Fanmustard

Bicolor Fanmustard

Bicolor Fanmustard with "Watercolor" filter

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the shades of white and pink in the bicolor mustard flowers.

Decent Little Bushwhack

1st 4:  Claret Cups Even though the Swainson's Hawk wasn't perched atop the Torrey Yucca on the crest of 4210 hill we decided to bus...