Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fire? What Fire?


Ten or twelves hikers carefully make their way toward the waterfall in Soledad Canyon.
The jagged mountains are blanketed in varying hues of green and yellow after heavy summer rains.
Two sotols grow side-by-side; the taller has withered flowers, while the smaller is still blooming.
There is little evidence of the fire that raged here a few months ago; the wild grasses have come back bigger and better than before.
On the way out we turned to look back up the canyon and were rewarded with this verdant scene.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I stumbled here using the next blog thing but I wanted to let you know that your pictures are awesome! Thanks fo sharing!

~Random Stranger!

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...