Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Interesting Sights


It was extremely hot on the trail this morning, and Dr. K, Research Associate Becca and I suffered sufficiently. There were plenty of things to see, though, and we recorded them for our faithful readers. Here is a hiker wearing Jerry Seinfeld's "puffy shirt" and her seemingly obedient dog.
Here is an interesting wand-like plant (still unidentified) growing in a large arroyo; the largest wand was longer than a yardstick.
Closeup of the beautiful flowers on the wand.
A gunshot prickly-pear pad (just kidding).
Closeup of the hole.

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

I HOPE that hole in the prickly pear pad wasn't a gunshot.

Unknown said...

you joke...it does look like a gunshot hole

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...