Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, September 8, 2008

Post Rain Hike


We had a good, soaking rain last night and the desert was still wet this morning. Moisture-laden clouds were still hanging around when Research Associate Becca and I hiked the Tortugas Mountain trail on the west side of the mountain.
Raindrops were still clinging to the plants; here a drop is ready to fall off an ocotillo leaf.
Clouds partially obscure the Organ Mountains.
We came across this site where the drunken despoilers of the desert had struck again.
Becca and I weren't the only ones enjoying the views. Here a hummingbird takes a much-needed rest (about 30 seconds worth).

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That photo of the raindrop is beautiful.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...