Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Funny Fotos


We did an extra-long hike on the sunset side of Tortugas Mountain this morning, and I took a series of what I consider to be humorous photos. Here's one of them, a photographer's shadow with a prickly pear pad where the head is.

This twist in an ocotillo branch is an unusual phenomenon.


There's nothing particularly funny in this vista; it's just beautiful.


The yucca in this photo is only three feet tall; the man and dog are miniatures.

These are not Christmas tree ornaments, but really tiny birds with yellow bellies; they could be Western Flycatchers, but I'm not sure.

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Actually, that yucca is about 12 feet tall--the tallest I've ever seen.

Sunny Sunday Trek

Desert Globemallow Dr. K, Willow and I took a nice early morning hike today, crossing the Tellbrook Arroyo to explore some of the side canyo...