Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Norbert


We got sprinkled upon on today's hike, but just a little. The moisture is coming from Hurricane Norbert off Mexico's Pacific coast. The clouds associated with the storm provided interesting lighting for today's photos. Check this one out.
This Pinacate Beetle raised its rear end to squirt me with malodorous fluid, but relaxed when it realized I was just taking its picture.
Question: why does Research Associate Becca always raise questions with her tail?
A large raptor (looks to me like a Red-tailed Hawk) hunts from the top of a yucca.
Part of Las Cruces, New Mexico; shining city on a hill?

No comments:

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...