Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Discouraging Hike

Desert dumping
From a distance of over a mile I couldn't make out the large objects to the left and right of the car, so I took a telephoto shot to magnify when I got home.  Somebody (not the driver of the vehicle pictured) felt comfortable dumping their entire living-room set:  large brown couch (left) and large brown and white chairs (right).  Astonishing.

Pictured behind Becca in the second photo is the new Centennial High School, slated to open August 2012.

Becca goes to school


2 comments:

Dr. K said...

So sad that some people use the desert as a dumping ground.

Scott said...

Like the graffiti on our historic bridge, no place is immune from yahoos. We do an annual creek cleanup, and the amount of furniture we pull out of our creek is astonishing--and discouraging.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...