Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Foggy Start

Because of all the moisture in the atmosphere here there was quite a bit of fog when we started off this morning.  In the foothills near Tortugas (Tortoise) Mountain we were above the cloudline, but the foggy conditions didn't last long--partly because of a rather stiff breeze.  I remember once when Dr. K, Sara and I were hiking in a fog near the Arizona-Sonora Museum outside of Tucson, and when we climbed to the top of Brown Mountain we emerged slightly above a sea of fog that stretched out in all directions.  I have a photo of that scene somewhere.




1 comment:

Dr. K said...

When I was running errands today I noticed there was still some fog-like clouds on the mountains.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...