Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sabado

Let's do this thing
The weather is supposed to change by tomorrow; rain is expected.  But today was wonderful on the mountain.  I started out with a light PolarPlus vest under my anorak, but I soon had to shed that.  After one-fourth of the hike, I had no need for the gloves I was wearing.  By the time we were finishing up we were encountering joggers in tee shirts and shorts.  As I write this it's 64 F outside.  Last February around this time we had a brutal freeze.
In the foothills

The large arroyo directly next to our house

Looking east toward Tortugas Mountain

Facing west down the arroyo

Tortugas Mountain (aka "A" Mountain).  Drain channels under roadway

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I like this winter a lot better than last winter.

Scott said...

A very hard freeze this morning here in the Mid-Atlantic Piedmont, with temperatures predicted to stay below freezing all day. One of our coldest days yet this winter. But, hey, it's mostly sunny!

packrat said...

Just below freezing with sun I can take, Scott, but when it's cloudy and windy those below-freezing temps are a bear.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...