Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Yet Another Errand Day

Squiggly trail
I had to shorten the hike this morning due to my scheduled weekly shopping adventures at Target and Albertsons.  For Becca's sake, though, I didn't abbreviate the trek too much; she still got in her normal two-dump outing.  Interestingly, when we got to the trailhead this morning there was only one other car in the Sunset Parking lot, a Prussian-Red RAV4, the spitting image of my own small SUV; it was still there when Becca and I finished our hike.
In the center of this photo . . .

in the center of this bush . . .

was this Desert Cottontail before it ran out onto the rocks

Water has transformed this arroyo into a canyon

Hedgehog Cactus

Accommodations for the night

Soaptree Yucca gang

Always hiking ahead

Headed back up the mountain

Shadows on Tortugas's west side

Don't hike through here

Single-track out of the foothills

Bird shadow (beak at far left)

Clump of yucca

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the photo of the desert cottontail on the white rocks.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...