Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Due Passagiate Oggi (Two Walks Today)

Strawberry Pitaya Hedgehog
I had to cut our morning hike short today because Becca and I started getting rained on.  When I came back from grocery shopping, though, I took the Beckster for another hike along the west side of Tortugas Mountain.  Although it was still heavily overcast, the clouds had lifted and the rain had abated temporarily.  The Organ Mountains had gotten some snow from the storm system that blew in overnight, but the clouds had completely obscured them by this afternoon.
Rock quarry and the Organ Mountains

Steep north slope of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

Spelling it out with body language:  What am I sniffing?

I'm high now

Into the upper reaches of the midsection trail

Doña Ana Mountains under cloud cover

Pretty high up

Still a little climbing to do

Silvery Hedgehog Cacti

Purple Prickly Pear Cactus pads

Heading down

Part of Las Cruces and Picacho Peak

Centennial High School and the Doña Ana Mountains

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

The photo "Rock Quarry and the Organ Mountains" is especially striking. How lucky you and Becca got to do 2 hikes today.

packrat said...

Thanks, Dr. K. :)

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...