Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, March 14, 2016

Back at It

First three images:  Claret Cup Hedgehog Cactus
Becca and I did a long trek into the outback this morning, and I totally lost track of time while I was engaged in a photo frenzy, trying to capture images of as many blooming plants as I could.  The yellow flower pictured below I could not ID, despite researching several of the desert wildflower books I have.  It may be one of those occasions when I'll have to come back and identify it later.  The petals of that yellow beauty didn't seem fully unfurled in shadow, so I may get another look (and photo) of it in coming days.  I wish I could have taken better pics of the two Coyotes, but they were moving across the desert floor with determination, probably doing a morning hunt for breakfast.


Down from high ground

?

Torrey Yucca

Yucca buds and blossoms

Torrey Yucca and observatory

Desert Marigold

Claret Cup Hedgehog

Peace

Wild Rhubarb flowers

Wild Rhubarb flower stalk

Ocotillo budding out

Torrey Yucca flower stalk

Head-on look at an inchoate Ocotillo bud

Somebody's watching us

Coyote (Canis latrans)

There are two Coyotes

Claret Cup Hedgehog again

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

Packrat, this is one of your best blog posts ever. So many beautiful photos of cactus flowers.

packrat said...

Why, thank you, Dr. K. I appreciate that. :)

Friday Free-For-All

Soaptree Yucca at the side of LDR-A We got an early start this morning, but not as early as the Basset people and their hounds who we spotte...