Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Trekking on Errand Day

Flower power
I had to abbreviate our hike this morning so I could go to Target and Albertsons on the weekly reprovision-day outing.  Nevertheless, I still managed to take quite a few photographs of the many plants blooming all over Tortugas Mountain.  I can honestly say that I don't remember a recent spring with quite so many flowers blossoming.  I'm positive I've not seen such an abundance of Wild Rhubarb; and, of course, the Claret Cup Hedgehog Cactus flowers are popping up everwhere; hard not to notice the brilliant red bursts of color in what some might consider an ordinarily drab Chihuahuan Desert. 
Ocotillo buds

Trident

What's up there?

Tall Torrey Yucca west of Tortugas

Mormon Tea budding out

Wild Rhubarb

Claret Cup Hedgehog Cactus

Hard not to photograph them when they're all over the mountain



Headed back up the mountain



2 comments:

Dr. K said...

The orange-red-yellow shades on the hedgehog cacti are so beautiful.

packrat said...

They are, Dr. K!

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...